Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Bowie County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Bowie County
      Zips: 
    75507
    75599
    75504
    75505
    75574
    75573
    75567
    75501
    75561
    75559
    75569
    75570
    75501
    75503
      Coordinates: 
    33.44575718857384, -94.42333253847197
      Area total: 
    922.96 sq. mi., 2390.46 sq. km, 590696.96 acres
      Area land: 
    885.00 sq. mi., 2292.14 sq. km, 566401.28 acres
      Area water: 
    37.96 sq. mi., 98.32 sq. km, 24295.68 acres
      Established: 
    1840
      Capital seat: 

    New Boston
    Address: PO BOX 248
    County Courthouse
    New Boston, TX 75570-0248
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Bowie County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    92,893; Population change: 0.35% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    105 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,785
      Households: 
    34,134
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.40% per 38,755 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $3.36 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Bowie County's population of Texas of 48,563 residents in 1930 has increased 1,91-fold to 92,893 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.45% female residents and 50.55% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.91% in Bowie County, Texas are married and the remaining 40.09% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.91% in Bowie County, Texas are married and the remaining 40.09% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    39,536 residential units of which 89.84% share occupied residential units.

    21.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Bowie County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.49% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.33% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.23% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.31% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Bowie County, Texas 63.76% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.62% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.63% are vacant.

  • The 59.36% of the population in Bowie County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 68.670%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.740%) of those eligible to vote in Bowie County, Texas.

Skyline of Bowie County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Aycock Import & Domestic Auto Repair & Transmission

3809 Nash St N, Wilson, North Carolina 27896

Dick Barless Auto Service Inc

7025 SW McEwan Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97035

Elwood Motor Sports And Collision

36425 N Cave Creek Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331

Jeha's Auto Repair Center

76 Newport Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02861

Gulf Mark Energy Inc

729 FM 976, Caldwell, TX 77836

Landscape of Texas