Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Carter County

  •   State: 
    Oklahoma
      County: 
    Carter County
      Zips: 
    73403
    73488
    73437
    73487
    73425
    73402
    73435
    73436
    73458
    73481
    73463
    73443
    73438
    73401
      Coordinates: 
    34.250871216807106, -97.28578805326282
      Area total: 
    833.78 sq. mi., 2159.48 sq. km, 533620.48 acres
      Area land: 
    822.20 sq. mi., 2129.49 sq. km, 526209.28 acres
      Area water: 
    11.58 sq. mi., 29.99 sq. km, 7411.20 acres
      Established: 
    1907
      Capital seat: 

    Ardmore
    Address: PO BOX 1544
    County Courthouse
    Ardmore, OK 73402-1544
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Carter County, Oklahoma, United States

  •   Population: 
    48,003; Population change: 0.94% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    58 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $36,959
      Households: 
    19,200
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.00% per 21,557 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.65%
      GDP: 
    $2.80 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Carter County's population of Oklahoma of 41,419 residents in 1930 has increased 1,16-fold to 48,003 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.60% female residents and 48.40% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.39% in Carter County, Oklahoma are married and the remaining 36.61% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.39% in Carter County, Oklahoma are married and the remaining 36.61% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    21,561 residential units of which 87.92% share occupied residential units.

    23.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Carter County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.00% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.43% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.38% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.06% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Carter County, Oklahoma 62.61% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.93% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.46% are vacant.

  • The 77.53% of the population in Carter County, Oklahoma who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 70.270%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 29.730%) of those eligible to vote in Carter County, Oklahoma.

Skyline of Carter County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Johnny's Auto Services & Collision

691 Scranton Carbondale Hwy, Eynon, PA 18403

Stockbridge Motorcar Co Inc

691 Stockbridge Rd, Great Barrington, MA 01230

Old Fort Auto

183 Hegeman Ave, Colchester, VT 05446

Walmart Auto Care Centers

2801 N Charles St, Pampa, TX 79065

M & K Automotive Services

970 1700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84104

Landscape of Oklahoma