Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cortland County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Cortland County
      Zips: 
    13738
    13087
    13863
    13784
    13141
    13158
    13101
    13040
    13803
    13077
    13045
      Coordinates: 
    42.595007091861966, -76.07026700390992
      Area total: 
    501.52 sq. mi., 1298.93 sq. km, 320972.16 acres
      Area land: 
    498.77 sq. mi., 1291.82 sq. km, 319214.72 acres
      Area water: 
    2.75 sq. mi., 7.11 sq. km, 1757.44 acres
      Established: 
    1808
      Capital seat: 

    Cortland
    Address: 60 Central Ave
    County Courthouse
    Cortland, NY 13045-2717
    Governing Body: Legislature with 17 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Cortland County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    46,809; Population change: -5.12% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    94 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,200
      Households: 
    18,596
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 22,453 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $1.76 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cortland County's population of New York of 31,709 residents in 1930 has increased 1,48-fold to 46,809 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.84% female residents and 48.16% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.10% in Cortland County, New York are married and the remaining 46.90% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.10% in Cortland County, New York are married and the remaining 46.90% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    20,814 residential units of which 88.30% share occupied residential units.

    22.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Cortland County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    74.42% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.97% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.09% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.57% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cortland County, New York 59.07% are owner-occupied homes, another 32.05% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.88% are vacant.

  • The 31.57% of the population in Cortland County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.150%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 54.110%) of those eligible to vote in Cortland County, New York.

Skyline of Cortland County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Mitch's Imports

115 S Bowen Rd # B14, Arlington, TX 76012

An Honest Auto Repair Inc

1980 NW 55th Ave, Margate, FL 33063

Ray's Auto Clinic

10555 O'Connor Rd # 3, Live Oak, TX 78233

G & C Smog and Auto Repair Inc

83420 Indio Blvd B, Indio, CA 92201

Quality Auto Mart & Service LLC

7307 State Rd 46 E, Batesville, IN 47006

Landscape of New York