Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Chautauqua County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Chautauqua County
      Zips: 
    14758
    14166
    14742
    14702
    14756
    14785
    14135
    14769
    14784
    14732
    14720
    14728
    14752
    14723
    14736
    14740
    14767
    14747
    14716
    14722
    14782
    14062
    14718
    14710
    14781
    14775
    14712
    14724
    14738
    14136
    14733
    14757
    14787
    14750
    14048
    14063
    14701
      Coordinates: 
    42.302938209645276, -79.40579073575725
      Area total: 
    1500.18 sq. mi., 3885.46 sq. km, 960117.12 acres
      Area land: 
    1060.26 sq. mi., 2746.05 sq. km, 678563.20 acres
      Area water: 
    439.93 sq. mi., 1139.41 sq. km, 281553.92 acres
      Established: 
    1808
      Capital seat: 

    Mayville
    Address: 3 N Erie Street
    Gerace Office Building
    Mayville, NY 14757-1007
    Governing Body: Legislature with 19 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Chautauqua County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    127,657; Population change: -5.37% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    120 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,686
      Households: 
    53,392
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.90% per 52,729 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $4.81 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Chautauqua County's population of New York of 126,457 residents in 1930 has increased 1,01-fold to 127,657 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.94% female residents and 49.06% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.64% in Chautauqua County, New York are married and the remaining 43.36% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.64% in Chautauqua County, New York are married and the remaining 43.36% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    66,247 residential units of which 80.34% share occupied residential units.

    20.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Chautauqua County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.51% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.85% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.12% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.43% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Chautauqua County, New York 57.13% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.87% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.00% are vacant.

  • The 48.39% of the population in Chautauqua County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.600%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.540%) of those eligible to vote in Chautauqua County, New York.

Skyline of Chautauqua County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Nipomo Self Storage

542 Lindon Ln, Nipomo, CA 93444

Guerrero's Tire & Auto Shop

4161 Riverview Dr, Jurupa Valley, CA 92509

G P Auto Services

1140 Watertower Rd # 1, Lake Park, FL 33403

Impala Brothers Automotive

13409 Broadway, Alden, NY 14004

Jake's Automotive

215 N 600 W, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Landscape of New York