Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Bergen County

  •   State: 
    New Jersey
      County: 
    Bergen County
      Zips: 
    07602
    07676
    07451
    07653
    07620
    07647
    07495
    07627
    07640
    07641
    07458
    07676
    07608
    07603
    07675
    07075
    07675
    07423
    07648
    07401
    07605
    07458
    07630
    07646
    07642
    07057
    07074
    07626
    07647
    07677
    07656
    07606
    07607
    07660
    07661
    07643
    07022
    07031
    07649
    07463
    07628
    07417
    07662
    07645
    07452
    07020
    07604
    07432
    07436
    07624
    07010
    07657
    07670
    07073
    07650
    07407
    07072
    07644
    07481
    07663
    07621
    07026
    07070
    07675
    07632
    07430
    07071
    07446
    07410
    07450
    07666
    07024
    07631
    07652
    07601
      Coordinates: 
    40.95968845453273, -74.07420747698659
      Area total: 
    246.44 sq. mi., 638.27 sq. km, 157719.04 acres
      Area land: 
    232.79 sq. mi., 602.91 sq. km, 148982.40 acres
      Area water: 
    13.65 sq. mi., 35.35 sq. km, 8736.64 acres
      Established: 
    1683
      Capital seat: 

    Hackensack
    Address: One Bergen County Plaza
    County Administration Building
    Hackensack, NJ 07601-7076
    Governing Body: Board of Freeholders with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Bergen County, New Jersey, United States

  •   Population: 
    955,732; Population change: 5.59% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    4,106 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $80,717
      Households: 
    334,688
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.60% per 477,892 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.97%
      GDP: 
    $70.16 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Bergen County's population of New Jersey of 364,977 residents in 1930 has increased 2,62-fold to 955,732 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.37% female residents and 48.63% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.42% in Bergen County, New Jersey are married and the remaining 39.58% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.42% in Bergen County, New Jersey are married and the remaining 39.58% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    367,383 residential units of which 95.45% share occupied residential units.

    32.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Bergen County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.90% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.70% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 11.06% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.18% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Bergen County, New Jersey 64.59% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.56% are rented apartments, and the remaining 3.85% are vacant.

  • The 71.52% of the population in Bergen County, New Jersey who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.750%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 54.190%) of those eligible to vote in Bergen County, New Jersey.

Skyline of Bergen County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

JMB Oil Co

5204 Industrial Way, Anderson, CA 96007

J & C Enterprises

3658 W 26th St, Erie, PA 16506

EASTLAND MOTORS

4959 Washington St, West Roxbury, MA 02132

Duford Tire

801 1st St E, Polson, MT 59860

P T Auto Repair

6601 Washington Ave, Ocean Springs, MS 39564

Landscape of New Jersey