Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson County

  •   State: 
    Missouri
      County: 
    Jefferson County
      Zips: 
    63066
    63047
    63057
    63065
    63052
    63053
    63051
    63023
    63048
    63016
    63070
    63012
    63019
    63051
    63050
    63052
    63020
    63049
    63028
    63010
      Coordinates: 
    38.26100393962544, -90.53771211550016
      Area total: 
    664.28 sq. mi., 1720.49 sq. km, 425141.76 acres
      Area land: 
    656.47 sq. mi., 1700.24 sq. km, 420138.88 acres
      Area water: 
    7.82 sq. mi., 20.25 sq. km, 5002.88 acres
      Established: 
    1818
      Capital seat: 

    Hillsboro
    Address: PO BOX 100
    County Courthouse
    Hillsboro, MO 63050-0100
    Governing Body: County Commission with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Jefferson County, Missouri, United States

  •   Population: 
    226,739; Population change: 3.66% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    345 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $57,048
      Households: 
    81,153
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.10% per 116,774 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.85%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $4.45 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson County's population of Missouri of 27,563 residents in 1930 has increased 8,23-fold to 226,739 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.34% female residents and 49.66% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.70% in Jefferson County, Missouri are married and the remaining 38.30% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.70% in Jefferson County, Missouri are married and the remaining 38.30% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    92,385 residential units of which 94.13% share occupied residential units.

    33.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.47% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.19% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.21% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.15% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson County, Missouri 78.00% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.27% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.73% are vacant.

  • The 39.12% of the population in Jefferson County, Missouri who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.910%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.420%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson County, Missouri.

Skyline of Jefferson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Jones & Sons Enterprises Inc

2761 Harmony Grove Rd, Nebo, NC 28761

Homers Automobile Services

420 Sycamore St, Buffalo, NY 14204

O'Brien's Service

242 W Marshall St, Ferndale, MI 48220

Euro Tech Imports

101 Lackawanna Trail, Dalton, PA 18414

atc auto truck center

212 east, Treat Dr, Muldrow, OK 74948

Landscape of Missouri