Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Breckinridge County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Breckinridge County
      Zips: 
    40171
    40153
    40115
    40140
    40178
    40145
    40170
    40176
    40152
    40144
    40111
    40146
    40143
      Coordinates: 
    37.77326655227971, -86.42926775465963
      Area total: 
    585.62 sq. mi., 1516.76 sq. km, 374798.72 acres
      Area land: 
    569.81 sq. mi., 1475.79 sq. km, 364675.84 acres
      Area water: 
    15.82 sq. mi., 40.97 sq. km, 10122.88 acres
      Established: 
    1800
      Capital seat: 

    Hardinsburg
    Address: PO BOX 227
    County Courthouse Annex
    Hardinsburg, KY 40143-0227
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Breckinridge County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    20,432; Population change: 1.86% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    36 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,794
      Households: 
    29,014
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.30% per 7,846 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $327.52 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Breckinridge County's population of Kentucky of 8,868 residents in 1930 has increased 9,27-fold to 82,217 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.49% female residents and 49.51% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.91% in Breckinridge County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 34.09% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.91% in Breckinridge County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 34.09% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    10,704 residential units of which 74.77% share occupied residential units.

    34.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Breckinridge County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    74.71% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 17.62% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.76% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.58% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Breckinridge County, Kentucky 60.43% are owner-occupied homes, another 13.62% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.95% are vacant.

  • The 63.25% of the population in Breckinridge County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.970%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.490%) of those eligible to vote in Breckinridge County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Breckinridge County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Denver's Auto Repair

2330 N Little Ave, Cushing, OK 74023

Goodnight's Service

5213 Mooresville Rd, Salisbury, NC 28147

SAF-T Auto Centers

121 N Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford, CT 06492

Preferred Automotive Specialists

6300 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111

Warren Auto

1101 S State St, Lockport, IL 60441

Landscape of Kentucky