Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Adair County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Adair County
      Zips: 
    42720
    42715
    42753
    42741
    42728
      Coordinates: 
    37.10415341790165, -85.28064972470128
      Area total: 
    412.39 sq. mi., 1068.09 sq. km, 263932.16 acres
      Area land: 
    405.29 sq. mi., 1049.69 sq. km, 259384.32 acres
      Area water: 
    7.11 sq. mi., 18.40 sq. km, 4547.84 acres
      Established: 
    1802
      Capital seat: 

    Columbia
    Address: 424 Public Square, Suite 1
    Columbia, KY 42728-1475
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Adair County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    18,903; Population change: 1.32% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    47 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $30,618
      Households: 
    7,511
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 6,961 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $350.92 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Adair County's population of Kentucky of 15,180 residents in 1930 has increased 1,36-fold to 20,588 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.02% female residents and 48.98% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.24% in Adair County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 35.76% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.24% in Adair County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 35.76% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,600 residential units of which 85.63% share occupied residential units.

    25.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Adair County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.59% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.56% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.41% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.09% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Adair County, Kentucky 71.71% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.23% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.06% are vacant.

  • The 46.38% of the population in Adair County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 75.530%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 22.860%) of those eligible to vote in Adair County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Adair County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

All Car Auto Repair LLC

84 Tracy Station Rd, Manalapan Township, NJ 07726

Non Stop Auto

39 Delta St, Lindenhurst, New York 11757

Heffner Automotive

29 Cumberland St, Lebanon, PA 17042

Halls Auto Inc

123 Hall Rd, Unadilla, GA 31091

Tecknica Auto Inc

10793 San Pablo Ave, El Cerrito, CA 94530

Landscape of Kentucky