Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Christian County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Christian County
      Zips: 
    62517
    62570
    62556
    62083
    62555
    62547
    62531
    62540
    62567
    62546
    62510
    62557
    62568
      Coordinates: 
    39.545832291741256, -89.27725227118512
      Area total: 
    715.76 sq. mi., 1853.80 sq. km, 458083.20 acres
      Area land: 
    709.49 sq. mi., 1837.57 sq. km, 454073.60 acres
      Area water: 
    6.27 sq. mi., 16.23 sq. km, 4009.60 acres
      Established: 
    1839
      Capital seat: 

    Taylorville
    Address: 101 S Main St
    Taylorville, IL 62568-2223
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 16 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Christian County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,032; Population change: -2.21% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    48 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,036
      Households: 
    6,999
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 13,598 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.48 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Christian County's population of Illinois of 17,872 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,86-fold to 15,455 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.46% female residents and 48.54% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.36% in Christian County, Illinois are married and the remaining 37.64% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.36% in Christian County, Illinois are married and the remaining 37.64% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,184 residential units of which 90.36% share occupied residential units.

    27.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Christian County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.24% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.60% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.64% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.53% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Christian County, Illinois 69.50% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.48% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.02% are vacant.

  • The 52.39% of the population in Christian County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.130%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.810%) of those eligible to vote in Christian County, Illinois.

Skyline of Christian County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Detroit Auto Sound

3840 E 8 Mile Rd, Detroit, MI 48234

Salmon Qwik Lube & Rental Center

1212 Shoup St, Salmon, ID 83467

Pacific Motor Service

550 E Franklin St, Monterey, CA 93940

Ron's Service

Peekskill, NY 10566

MIKE'S AUTO TECH

7254 Woodley Ave UNIT B, Van Nuys, CA 91406

Landscape of Illinois