Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Carroll County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Carroll County
      Zips: 
    61053
    61014
    61285
    61078
    61051
    61046
    61053
    61074
      Coordinates: 
    42.06875402814762, -89.9343040401666
      Area total: 
    466.98 sq. mi., 1209.48 sq. km, 298868.48 acres
      Area land: 
    445.41 sq. mi., 1153.60 sq. km, 285059.84 acres
      Area water: 
    21.58 sq. mi., 55.88 sq. km, 13808.64 acres
      Established: 
    1839
      Capital seat: 

    Mount Carroll
    Address: 301 N Main St
    County Courthouse
    Mount Carroll, IL 61053-1044
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Carroll County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    15,702; Population change: 2.05% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    35 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,117
      Households: 
    5,382
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 7,376 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $620.00 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Carroll County's population of Illinois of 16,537 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,79-fold to 13,042 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.62% female residents and 50.38% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.40% in Carroll County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.60% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.40% in Carroll County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.60% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,159 residential units of which 79.72% share occupied residential units.

    24.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Carroll County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.58% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.86% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.35% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.68% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Carroll County, Illinois 62.88% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.73% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.39% are vacant.

  • The 58.02% of the population in Carroll County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.860%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.670%) of those eligible to vote in Carroll County, Illinois.

Skyline of Carroll County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Martin's Muffler's

55 Copple Rd, Omak, WA 98841

Apple Auto

6011 Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD 21214

Dennis Automotive

1128 West Ave SW, Conyers, GA 30012

Puff's Automotive

3553 W 140th St, Cleveland, OH 44111

Apets Auto Body Repair

13325 Sherman Way, North Hollywood, CA 91605

Landscape of Illinois