Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Columbia County

  •   State: 
    Florida
      County: 
    Columbia County
      Zips: 
    32061
    32056
    32038
    32024
    32025
    32055
      Coordinates: 
    30.22423973909798, -82.62153907072991
      Area total: 
    801.32 sq. mi., 2075.40 sq. km, 512843.52 acres
      Area land: 
    797.55 sq. mi., 2065.65 sq. km, 510432.64 acres
      Area water: 
    3.77 sq. mi., 9.76 sq. km, 2410.88 acres
      Established: 
    1832
      Capital seat: 

    Lake City
    Address: 135 Ne Hernando Ave # 1529
    County Courthouse
    Lake City, FL 32055-4003
    Governing Body: County Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Columbia County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    69,698; Population change: 3.21% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    87 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,712
      Households: 
    11,428
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.80% per 29,566 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.23 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Columbia County's population of Florida of 7,745 residents in 1930 has increased 4,39-fold to 33,976 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 42.47% female residents and 57.53% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.29% in Columbia County, Florida are married and the remaining 38.71% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.29% in Columbia County, Florida are married and the remaining 38.71% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    29,775 residential units of which 88.75% share occupied residential units.

    26.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Columbia County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.39% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.56% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.13% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.43% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Columbia County, Florida 71.74% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.88% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.38% are vacant.

  • The 32.68% of the population in Columbia County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.170%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.500%) of those eligible to vote in Columbia County, Florida.

Skyline of Columbia County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6008 Companies
1559 Counties
3438 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Frank's Automotive

102 Cory Ave, Prescott, AZ 86303

LKC Automotive & Towing

184 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

Bill's Auto Repair

339 NJ-31, Flemington, NJ 08822

Garcia Trinity Auto Inspection

6518 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77048

Raspi's British Imports

125 A Industry Ln #1, Forest Hill, MD 21050

Other Companies

Simmonson Automotive

627 W Columbia St, Pasco, WA 99301

Ea Auto Performance

915 54th St, Emeryville, CA 94608

El Pepe Auto Repair

1202 E First St D, Santa Ana, CA 92701

Canyon State Car Care

11725 NW Grand Ave, El Mirage, AZ 85335

Auto Xtreme

134-15 Rockaway Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11420

Landscape of Florida